Saturday, March 10, 2012

wedding work

martha_bouquet2

IMG_1563

IMG_1561

There are a lot of things going on in Saipua land lately, today is all about weddings -- it's the first day of our Weddings 101 Workshop (internally dubbed "weekend warrior") and I'm surrounded by syllabus, some of the most beautiful march flowers and a pump pot of coffee. Students arrive in 1 hour...I hope they are ready because we have a lot of information to throw at them.

If you told me 7 years ago that I would be in this industry I would have laughed at you. Life is funny. Above are some outtakes from a Martha Stewart Weddings shoot I worked on - if you're so inclined you can check out the feature in the spring issue. I feel very lucky and proud to be considered an expert by that gang.

15 comments:

jen said...

that flower crown is gorgeous!

Celina said...

i've been a reader of your blog and admirer of your flowers and soap for a while now. I just wanted to say how happy seeing your beautiful work makes me!

flwrjane said...

Each and every one of these pictures are an inspiration to us all, new t the trade or been doing it for more than 20 years (me).

Thanks for making it new again.

You are indeed an expert.

xo Jane

Lotte and Bloom said...

ditto what jane just said. these are outrageously good...

Bow Street Flowers said...

So bummed I missed the announcement for that class. Maybe next time!

alexa said...

gorgeous - I love the orange and coral!

Lia said...

Saving my pennies for your next Weddings class...

Stephanie said...

AWESOME!!!

ann said...

You are the best.

Lisa said...

gorgeous as always. god, if those are the outtakes what do the actual images look like?

Unknown said...

LOVE the doorway that was featured in the magazine. LOVE. L-O-V-E. love.

Anonymous said...

These are lovely!!! I can't wait to see the rest in print. You have taken floral design to the next level. Recognition well deserved! I'll stop by soon. :)

Janet said...

How did that floral crown not make the magazine? It's gorgeous!

Sue Prutting said...

Best Wedding Weekend class EVER!! Attending was the best business decision I've made to date. Ok, I'm new at this, but your advice and info will save me a years worth of mistakes...at least!! Thank you Sarah for all the work you put into the weekend, and all of your amazing advice! XO, Sue

sanaya said...

does anyone know who made this gorgeous dress? it is exactly what I am looking for!