Thursday, April 22, 2010



I have finished testing a theory I recently developed regarding the correlation of late night ice cream consumption and the likelihood of bad dreams. Last night, after a brief rendezvous with a pint of coffee heath bar crunch I dreamed my family's log cabin was sinking into Clear Lake, a creaky behemoth of a structure, the lights flickering out all Titanic-like. Good thing the family sold it in '05.

balloons

I also dreamed that I had a baby. I suppose I am 29 and regardless of how tough I like to think I am I have one of those clocks that ticks... ew gross. In the coffee shop the other day a woman came in with a little baby and I almost said out loud to her: "How old?" ... [WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME] [I also recently bought Kashi cereal. AND LIKED IT.] Anyway in the dream I had a baby and when I walked into the room it recognized me and smiled. Sort of like the way my dog does. Or, an evening martini.



While I'm in the spirit of divulging, I might as well come clean on the ice cream front and admit to you that when Eric and I were in Vermont, we may have driven 50 miles out of our way to visit the Ben and Jerry's plant. And we may have taken photos of each other in the Flavor Graveyard (a single tear shed for Rain Forest Crunch) and we may also have withstood a litany of unfortunate bovine jokes during the factory tour in order to get a free sample at the end. Mooooving right along...

vermont5

We saw Greenberg last night. Ben Stiller gives an amazing performance. Have you seen it and what did you think?

Ok, I'm going to head out the door to walk this dog and post some more recent flower photos when I get back in order to bury this rambling post...

[As I have promised brides that I will make custom Mood Boards for them, I've been digging around in iphoto a lot lately, unearthing old pictures I never posted. Like that one of my greenhouse last summer. Just kidding, it's not my greenhouse, it's my mom's. Just kidding it's at Mount Holyoke, I mean Smith I think.]

13 comments:

17 beats. said...

you're fuckin funny. i hope that the time stamp is right, because i was also up at that hour. o, and i had B & J CHBC last night, too. it is the best, after all.

jezebel said...

Ben and Jerry are from my home town. On Long Island. Not in Vermont.

Liane said...

hey that's my greenhouse, thief.

oh, baby dream. that was sweet. not ironic or funny. just kind of touching. but then you made it funny with the martini line. you just can't help yourself! :)

Anonymous said...

Yep. Ben & Jerry's. Totally worth the drive.

True Story: Once knew a guy who called "Cherry Garcia" "Cherry GAR-SHA". I shunned him immediately.

Fleurie Flower Studio said...

I have bad and/or weird dreams from eating ice cream before bed too!

miami beach mansion rentals said...

I have science fiction dreams no matter if I eat anything before going to bed or not, so at least I don't stop myself from having little ice cream for fear of dreaming something weird :)

jenny said...

i will point out each and every time i've had a baby dream, i've been pregnant. and though i have two children, i've had more dreams than that.

sarah said...

i fell in love with greta gerwig in greenberg. i also have a tick tock clock. i've watched that babies movie preview more than i care to admit. but i think it has something to do with the sufjan stevens score in the background. in general i'm turning into the largest SAP. not cool. http://tinyurl.com/y8ob4tv

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Those first 3 images are so beautiful that they make me want to weep. Won't you please come to Peacock Pavilions in Marrakech and teach a flower arranging workshop?

And I want to learn how to make soap from our Marrakech olive grove, too!

Trina said...

That looks an awful lot like the greenhouse at Smith, but then I've never been to Mt Holyoke's. I'd recognize that Wardian case anywhere

Sarah Ryhanen said...

trina - you are right, it is at Smith, I couldn't remember!

Chel ~ said...

Just a quick note that I love your beautiful blog - and mentioned it on my own: http://chelsmending.blogspot.com

Thanks!

- Chel

Sarah said...

I once had a dream that I had a baby and this baby taught me the meaning of life.

I mean, really? I was like, try to be a little more subtle, baby. I get it.