Wednesday, May 21, 2008

vacant sex scenes and profanity.

[peonies, scented geranium, goosenecks, lisianthus, dogwood, and a cockscomb tucked in there.]

I'll be incommunicado for the next few days as we're prepping a big wedding...I just watched The Age of Innocence as per Mousey's suggestion. When it was almost over Aaron shoved the box in front of me and said, "Where are the sex scenes?!? On the back of the box they [Michelle Pfeiffer and Daniel Day Luis] are naked!" False advertising. Consider yourself forewarned.

***

This is a picture of some old mossy branch in our shop right now. It's called mossy branch because thats what flower vendors want to call it. Flower vendors at the 28th street market are 99% men. One particular vendor is run by a few men who closely remind me of ... well lets say they have names like Don and Chubbs. Recently I was in this particular vendor's space while he was on the phone with a client:

"What do I have right now? Well I got some hydge [hydrangea], Jersey nuncs [ranuncula] ... but let me tell you ... what I really got is peonies....[he quickly eyes the 45 odd boxes of Carolina peonies stacked up]....f**kin' peonies."

I stood there staring at him chewing his cigar. Wow. In my floral world of women and ... more women ... this man has become my hero. I'm going to start answering our phone with the F word.

5 comments:

Pamcasso said...

gorgeous! and hilarious. People always look shocked when women curse, for no apparent reason.

Pamcasso said...

gorgeous! and hilarious. People always look shocked when women curse, for no apparent reason.

*swankytables*Annette said...

Gorgeous arrangement and that is hilarious about the Flower Market!

Brassavolas Floral Couture said...

Hi! Found your blog via Housemartin...lovin this! Isn't it funny how the flower industry has a dark side to it? It's not all syruppy sweet. Love the bouquet.

www.valladolid-3d.com said...

In my view every person ought to look at it.